- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
Statement From Mayor Keneipp: - April 02, 2020
I am not a fan of drive ups or self check outs as my family will attest. I guess I miss the... [more...]
Mayor Keneipp Statement - Shelter In Place - March 20, 2020
The State of Illinois is now under a “Stay at Home” order effective at 5 PM March 21,... [more...]
Covid-19 Information - March 16, 2020
Please monitor the Village FB page for up to date information and announcements. [more...]
Statement From Mayor Keneipp: - March 16, 2020
A lot has happened in the past few days that will change how we conduct ourselves in the next sev... [more...]
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information - March 16, 2020
To ensure the health and safety of our staff and residents, the Village Clerks Office will be clo... [more...]
Recycling Announcement - January 25, 2019
The Village of Minier is excited to announce to area residents our new recycling provider! Republ... [more...]
Solicitor Permits - November 02, 2018
Any door to door solicitor should have a permit from the Village Office. All valid solicitor perm... [more...]
VILLAGE OF MINIER
Part Time Village Administrative Support Specialist
Title: Administrative Support Specialist
Reports To: Village Clerk, Village President and Board of Trustees
The Village Administrative Support Specialist shall be appointed by the Village President, with the approval of the Village Board of Trustees and shall serve under the supervision of the Village Clerk.
- Job Requirements:
- Perform the duties of the Village Administrative Support Specialist in an ethical and professional manner.
- Pass a medical examination, drug screen test.
- Be able to perform assigned duties as provided in this Job Description and Village policies.
- Must be twenty one years of age or older.
- Has not been convicted of a felony, or a misdemeanor crime involving dishonesty, or one involving mistreatment or victimization of a minor or the elderly.
- Possess a valid high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Pass the Freedom of Information Test and Open Meetings Act Test each year.
- Possess accounting and administrative skills, as well as previous experience with word processing and records management.
- Possess the ability to deal directly with the public and provide exceptional customer service.
- Must be proficient in computer software systems, including but not limited to, QuickBooks, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Be able to perform and thrive in a high pressured, fast paced environment.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and have experience with handling and maintaining confidential information.
Preference will be given to candidates with a college degree in a related area, prior public works experience, or through specialized training schools, programs or prior employment.
III. Physical Demands:
- While performing duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, run, use hands and fingers to operate objects, controls or tools. The employee is occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste or smell.
- Vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals to meet the required physical requirements.
The initial appointment will be for a three (3) month probationary period, or 90 days, after which a permanent appointment will be made if the probationary job performance is acceptable to the Village.
III. Job Duties:
- Must perform daily office duties as assigned, including but not limited to: daily deposits, answering phones, assisting customers, filing, administration and tracking of employee benefits and compliance.
- Must perform duties as assigned in relation to payables and receivables.
- Must assist as needed with producing books, records and papers for inspection as required by the Village Board and/or as required under State Law.
- Must, upon request, provide information asked for under the Freedom of Information Act as an appointed FOIA Representative within allotted time.
- Must meet requirements to perform as backup Open Meetings Act Designee.
- Must meet and maintain any and all requirements to cross train and serve as back up on all office duties and responsibilities.
- Must act as a collector of water/sewer payments, fines and fees for the Village, as well as tracking and maintaining up to date water/sewer account balances.
- Must meet and maintain requirements in order to serve as a backup in preparation of payroll and other financial obligations including payroll withholding of the Village without prior Board approval as defined in Municipal Law.
- Must assist in the preparation of books and records as needed for the Annual Audit.
- Maintain relevant information on the Village web site.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information on Village mapping.
- Issue public notification of all official activities and meetings, including meeting agendas and packets of related information.
- Perform budgeting duties, including assisting in budget preparation and expenditure review.
- Perform general office duties such as typing and proofreading correspondence, distributing and filing official forms.
- Must, when necessary, provide information to co-workers and/or Board of Trustees by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person.
- Must assist with and have working knowledge of monthly ledgers and journals for various accounts held by the Village.
- Must be willing and able to attend and retain any training requested or required by State Statute, President or Board of Trustees, or Village Clerk.
- Other duties and projects as properly assigned by the Village Clerk and Board of Trustees.
Salary and Benefits
*Hourly position. Hours will vary. Salary range to be determined based on experience and qualifications.
*Retirement program – Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
Bring completed resume and cover letter to 110 W. Central, Minier, IL. 61759 or submit electronically to email@example.com by October 9, 2020.